Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 45 - Warm thoughts

In light of the fact that the U.S. once again failed to agree to measures to reduce carbon emissions at the recent G-8 Summit, I figured I should learn more about global warming and its consequences, since we're going to be facing them sooner rather than later. I found this great site:

http://stopglobalwarming.org/sgw_actionitems.asp

Hmm. Wonder if G.W.B. has ever surfed this site?

I also wrote to my Senator and State Representative about voting against any measures that would allow off-shore drilling (for which lifting the moratorium is seriously being considered by GWB and congress). I believe the sooner we realize we’re in crisis, the sooner we’ll step up our efforts to conserve energy and develop cleaner, more efficient technologies. Besides, I can’t imagine what offshore drilling would mean to some of my favorite beaches.

Tip for Day 45 – Turn off your car when waiting to pick up your kids at school. You’ll use less gas, and emit less carbon dioxide.

No comments: